The Gallery @ Convergence
1801 N Quaker Ln
CALL FOR ENTRIES
If you could give voice to anything, what would it be? If anything were possible, what would you give voice to? How would you do it? What do you wish was possible, and how would you bring voice to that? In the fast paced life we live in often people feel unheard. Here is your chance to give voice!
Important Dates: Receiving: Sunday, May 20th 6:30-8pm & Monday, May 21st 6-8pm
Exhibition: May 24th – June 29th
Opening Reception: Friday, June 1st 7-9pm
Art Pickup: Friday, June 29th 6-7pm & Saturday, June 30th 10am-Noon
Artwork, entry form, submission materials and payment to:
The Gallery at Convergence
1801 N Quaker Lane,
Alexandria Virginia 22302
• Entry Fees: The fee for the first entry is $15 made payable to Convergence. $5 for each additional entry. See below for number of entries allowed.
• NOTE: please contact the Gallery for any large, atypical or installation/sculptural pieces.
• 2D and 3D visual artists are invited to submit up to three (3) pieces of original art. All media including paintings, photography, mixed media, fiber/textile, sculptor, and other high quality fine art. Convergence encourages submission of cutting-edge, experimental, and high-energy styles. Acceptance or rejection will be at the sole discretion of Convergence.
• Those with video submissions are welcome to submit up to two (2) pieces, 10 minutes long each at max, must be accessible via a thumb drive. Due to limited resources video submissions will be juried. All those with submissions will be notified if they are accepted a week following drop off.
• Short stories and poetry is welcome up to two (2) pieces may be submitted. All short stories should be bound in an appropriate and presentable manner for a gallery display. All poetry must be framed and visually appealing. Acceptance of short stories and poetry will be done on a juried basis.
• Submission of Artwork: Each accepted artist is guaranteed one piece of artwork in the show. A second or third piece may be accepted as space permits.
• Artwork previously exhibited at Convergence is not eligible.
• All artwork must be ready for display and presented in a professional manner: equipped with standard hanging hardware (eyehooks and hanging wire - no sawtooth hangers accepted). Artwork will be eliminated if poorly prepared.
• Finished and framed art should not exceed 48” in any direction. All art on paper must be framed and under glass or Plexiglas. Works on canvas should have finished sides or be framed.
• All artwork must be labeled on the back with artist name, phone number, title of work, medium, and price.
• Artists are encouraged to bring a current Artist Statement and Biography (limited to 1 page ea.) to be included in the Gallery Notebook.
• All artwork must remain on exhibit for the duration of the show and will not be removed prior to June 29, 2012.
• Convergence requests a 20% donation (tax-deductible) for all artwork sold. Artist may enter artwork not for sale (NFS).
Accepted Artist Responsibilities:
• Artists are responsible for drop-off/pick-up, as well as delivery of sold artworks. All artwork must be dropped off or picked up at designated times above. Convergence is not liable for any lost of damaged artwork not picked up by the designated date.
• All taxes are the sole responsibility of the artist.
• Convergence requests each artist publicize the exhibit and opening on their websites and/or blog/ other social media sites.
• All artists MUST volunteer for a show job, see list on Entry Form. Sign-up sheet will be available at Artwork Receiving.
Use Rights: By submitting artwork for exhibition, accepted artists grant Convergence the right to use their images for the purpose of marketing the exhibition, marketing Convergence’s programs and display on Convergence’s website. Artists grant the use of their image(s) as stated without further contact or compensation from Convergence. Artist’s credit is provided with any use.
Liability: Artwork and submission materials will be handled with all possible care. Convergence will not be responsible or liable for loss or damage from any cause whatsoever. Entering this exhibition shall constitute understanding and agreement on the part of the artist with the conditions stated. Insurance, if desired, is the sole responsibility of the artist.
If you have any questions please contact our Gallery Coordinator, Barbie Fischer at email@example.com