Thank you to the attendees and sponsors of the 2022 Beacon 50+Expos!
Please enjoy a recording of John Kelly’s keynote address below, and stay tuned for information about next year’s Expos.
|Sunday, October 23, 2022
Noon to 4 p.m.
Springfield Town Center
|Sunday, October 30, 2022
Noon to 4 p.m.
Margaret Schweinhaut Senior Center
Silver Spring, MD
Thousands of Visitors • 100+ Exhibitors • Keynote Speakers • Health Screenings • Giveaways and Door Prizes
John Kelly, columnist, The Washington Post.
- FREE – Blood pressure & BMI calculations at MD Expo — provided by Adventist HealthCare White Oak Medical Center
- FREE – Glaucoma Screenings — provided by the Prevention of Blindness Society
- FREE – Blood pressure, blood glucose, and cholesterol health screenings at VA Expo – provided by Giant Pharmacy
- Immunizations – regular flu, high-dose flu, shingrix, pneumonia, tetanus, and bivalent covid booster (bivalent covid booster will depend on availability at that time.) Flu vaccines will be free with a Medicare card or insurance; others may require a co-pay. – provided by Giant Pharmacy
- Re:Cognition Health is enrolling volunteers to participate in a Healthy Volunteer Memory Study. We are currently recruiting people aged 65-75 who don’t have any particular memory concerns or an Alzheimer’s diagnosis to take part in a trial to help identify some new treatments. We will be conducting a limited number of Free Alzheimer’s screenings at both Expos.