Below you can see all of the over 900 entries in the competition. The galleries are divided by category as listed below.
An image of the winner’s artwork will be displayed at four 50+Expos taking place throughout the Greater Washington/Baltimore region this fall. Winners and Honorable Mentions will be personally honored at the Beacon’s two expos on September 30 (in Springfield, Va.) and October 14 (in Silver Spring, Md).
- September 30, 2018 — Beacon 50+ Expo at Springfield Town Center, Springfield, Va. Noon to 4 p.m. Photos of winning works will be displayed; winners honored in person.
- October 3 & 4, 2018 — Baltimore County Power of Age Expo, Timonium, Md. Photos of winning works will be displayed at the Beacon exhibit booth.
- October 14, 2018 — Beacon 50+Expo at Silver Spring Civic Center, Silver Spring, Md. Noon to 4 p.m. Photos of winning works will be displayed; winners honored in person.
- October 19, 2018 Howard County 50+ Expo, Columbia, Md., Photos of winning works will be displayed at the Beacon exhibit booth.
- All works by winners and honorable mentions will be on display at the Pepco Edison Place Gallery Exhibit, 702 8th St NW, Washington, DC 20068, from November 29 to December 19, 2018.
Thank you to all who entered!
And thank you again to:
Our corporate sponsors AARP, Pepco, Sommerset Retirement Community, Vantage House, Brooke Grove Retirement Village and Myerberg.
A special thank you to our Beacon Celebration of the Arts Jurors:
- Painting/Drawing – Yumi Hogan, First Lady of Maryland, Artist, and Adjunct Professor at Maryland Institute College of Art
- Sculpture/3D/Mixed Media – Jereme Scott, Multi-media Resident Artist with Howard County Arts Council
- Photography – Noe Todorovich – Executive Director, Exposed DC
- Poetry – Wendi R. Kaplan, Poet Laureate 2016-2019, City of Alexandria, VA
Community partners, including dozens of area nonprofits and governmental entities, helped spread the word about the Celebration throughout the region.