Colorful peppers with turkey casserole
When life gets busy, you need a recipe that is quick to make, easy to bake and mouthwatering to eat. Try this recipe for Stuffed Bell Pepper Casserole next time you are in a pinch.
It’s made with hearty ground turkey breast, delicious bell peppers, crushed tomatoes and brown rice, then topped with gooey sharp cheddar cheese. It’s a whole meal in a dish.
This short ingredient list makes it easy to assemble. First, brown the turkey and onions, then combine all the ingredients in a baking dish. It’s simple to prepare before baking to perfection.
It’s just right for little ones who are hungry and ready for a wholesome and appetizing home-cooked meal. Adults enjoy the natural flavors and fresh ingredients that keep all ages happy and content.
“Stuffed” Bell Pepper Casserole
- 20 ounces ground turkey breast
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 3 large bell peppers, chopped (1 each, red, yellow and green)
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- ½ cup long-grain brown rice
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- In large skillet over medium heat, add turkey, onions, salt and pepper. Break up turkey and cook until browned.
- Add turkey mixture to 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Add chopped bell peppers, crushed tomatoes, brown rice, oregano and garlic powder. Mix until combined. Cover with aluminum foil. Bake 80-90 minutes until rice is tender.
- Remove foil, add shredded cheese and bake 5 minutes until cheese is melted.
Find more family dinner recipes at Culinary.net.
If you made this recipe at home, use #MyCulinaryConnection on your favorite social network to share your work.